Friday, April 8, 2011

Some Little Projects

Since we're in the process of our big move I'm not doing a bunch of sewing/crafting but I thought I'd show you all a few projects I have worked on. The first - I found a super adorable dress at Target for my little girl but realized quickly it was basically a tshirt with ruffles at the bottom.  So, instead I bought a cute tshirt for $7, raided my Mom's fabric stash at home for the PERFECT matching fabric and we went to town!  My Mom ended up doing most of the sewing since I'm not very proficient with her fancy-schmancy sewing machine.... I'm super happy with how it turned out and look forward to making many more to hopefully include in my Etsy shop once we're all settled!





ok... but missing something....

Better!  A cute little fabric flower!


The finished product on my little model

























Later in the week I bundled up my restless energy and went to TOWN on re-organizing my Mom's kitchen pantry. It's a lovely space - nice and big with four levels of shelving and TONS of potential but it was crazy how much was jam-packed in there!  I ended up clearing everything out on Wednesday morning - wiping down the shelves and walls and floors as best I could.  (to be honest - a fresh coat of paint would've been fantastic but really, once everything was put back & away - all the dings and scuffs on the shelves weren't even noticeable.)  I was floored by some of the things I found.... first off, my Mom's a baker by occupation and at home so she has a LARGE collection of food colorings, sprinkles, spices, baking goods, etc.  The biggest shock?  How many bags of chocolate chips and baking chocolate she has!  HOLY COW!  I would say 15 bags of chocolate chips alone... not to mention two HUGE bags from Costco that we combined into a large bin.  WOWZA!  To consolidate a lot of smaller & like items, I used baskets, bins, shelves, etc. purchased from the local Dollar Store, Wal-Mart & Target.  I still want to add some labels to some of the bins and shelves but it looks GREAT!  I was very proud of my Mom for throwing some stuff away.... it's amazing how you have the urge to constantly purge material things when you have to move every three years.  I suppose it's not a bad trait for me to have.  ;)  Here are some pictures of the project and it's end result:
The Empty Pantry....

Another view


My parents aren't big drinkers but all this alcohol would lead you to believe otherwise.... not to mention three waffle makers and two popcorn poppers! WHAT?

the BEST thing I found!  ;)  hee...hee...hee.... don't tell anyone but my Mom threw it out!  And yes, they just celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary!!!  Isn't that amazing?! 

The finished and organized pantry!   



All this organizing really gets me fired up!  Now if ONLY I was at my own house in Florida doing this with all my OWN STUFF!  Soon enough.... we'll be there by April 12th and I can't WAIT!  It's a beautiful house (as far as I can tell from the pictures) and I WILL have a sewing/craft room!!!  YEAH!  Oh, and I really want a label machine - maybe something I can buy later today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment