Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Decorating - A Series: Part 1 - Weathered Pumpkins

blue-pumpkins1.jpg
Source:  homestoriesatoz.com

Using this as my inspiration/tutorial: Blue Pumpkin Tutorial, I created some distressed pumpkins using Dollar Store pumpkins to make a vignette for Fall decorating.  I bought eight pumpkins/gourds at the Dollar Store then purchased Crackle Medium from the new Martha Stewart Paint Line as well as some metallic paint in Copper.  I definitely got a weathered look but it didn't really 'crackle' like the example above...  I'm happy with the final results though and look forward to being able to try 'crackling' other stuff!

This vignette sits on the credenza in my entry way....

My Mom sewed me a 'placemat' using some awesome indoor/outdoor fabric we found at JoAnne's.  We also used it to make a slipcover for my adirondack chair on the front porch - look for that in a future post!


No comments:

Post a Comment